The Guiding Principles originated through the coordinated effort of many employees and are essential to achieving success for our employees, customers, neighbors, shareholders and company. These guiding principles align with CMS Energy’s Strategy and drive all of our actions.
||Behaviors & Practices
|We Act with Integrity
||We believe integrity is a cornerstone of business success.
- We place the health and safety of ourselves, our families and our customers above all else.
- We follow all laws, regulations and rules.
- We do the right thing every time.
- We walk the talk.
- We act with the highest ethics, transparency, and honesty.
- We are accountable for our words, actions and decisions.
|We Earn Our Customers’ Business 24/7
||We believe serving our neighbors, friends and family is an honor and privilege that must be earned every day.
- We are motivated and able to serve customers.
- We provide excellent service.
- We build relationships and create trust with customers.
- We keep customers safe and informed.
- We own our customer interactions and make decisions to meet their needs.
- We seek opportunities to add value to the customer, regardless of our role in the organization.
- We anticipate our customers' future needs.
|We Cross the Finish Line Together
||We believe success is achieved when we work together.
- We use interactions as an opportunity to build relationships.
- We promote openness and teamwork, and support change.
- We see the big picture and balance.
- We respect and value individual backgrounds, contributions and perspectives.
- We give our personal best to the team.
|We Put Points on the Board
||We believe success depends on delivering meaningful results.
- We add real and measurable value every day.
- We provide recognition and feedback based on results aligned with our principles.
- We behave as owners and act with urgency.
- We manage risk and learn from results.
|We Leave It Better Than We Found It
|We believe lasting value is created through making improvements every day.
- We are motivated by the organization's greater purpose.
- We seek sustainable solutions that meet the social, economic and environmental needs of the stakeholders we serve.
- We continuously look for new and better ways to deliver lasting value.
- We improve and use innovative processes and systems that meet the needs of customers.
- We have the best talent and share our knowledge and experience to ensure success.
- We deliver the “Count on Us” promise by striving to learn every day.
- We extend and earn trust.
|It’s a Great Place to Work
||We believe in an environment where we can contribute our full potential.
- We listen to, understand, treat others with dignity and communicate openly.
- We support and coach each other.
- We help each other balance work and personal lives.
- We pursue challenging growth and development opportunities.
- We enjoy our work and are passionate about it.