How to Apply
Thank you for your interest. To help expedite the review process, submit your resume online. View the frequently asked questions if you have any questions.
Review a complete list of all job openings.
Create a candidate profile and upload your resume.
Apply to a specific job.
- You must complete a candidate profile before applying for a job
Make sure that you complete as much of your profile as possible. An asterisk (*) requires that filed to be completed. You will not be able to proceed with your profile or application if a required field is not populated.
You must complete your online profile and application to be considered for any posted vacancies. Attach your resume to provide additional background. Your information will be available each time a CMS Energy vacancy is posted externally that aligns with your background and experiences. Your information may be update at any time and will remain active within our system for one year.
Tips for Using the Online Application System
- Do not use the "back" button on your broswer. This could generate an error in your application
- The system recognizes single clicks vs. double clicks
- Save often
You will be prompted to create a user name and password prior to creating your profile. Once you have submitted this information, you can begin creating your profile. Your password must be a minimum of 8 characters.
What happens after I have completed a candidate profile?
Your information is stored and sorted. You will be contacted if your qualifications best match a vacancy.
Do I have to fill in every section of the candidate profile?
It is recommended that you complete as much of the profile as possible. Decisions are based on the information that you provide in your profile and your responses to the questionnaires.
How do I know if I am still being considered for a job that I applied to?
You will be able to see all of your job applications listed, along with the current status. If you are still being considered for a position, your status will be "in process". If you have been disqualified, your status will read "disqualified".
Who can I contact if I have questions regarding an application?
Please send your questions to E-Recruiting@cmsenergy.com.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
There is a link located in the login screen for this specific issue. Click on the link where it will prompt you to input your name and the email address that is identified on your account. The system will send you a new password.
The Interviewing Process
If you qualify for a posted vacancy, we may contact you for a screening exercise or interview. The interview may be done by phone or in person.
As you complete your candidate profile, please complete a listing of supplemental employment, including three business references. A background check and drug-screen will be completed for final candidates.
All of your inquiries and activities can be handled online. Please include your name, postal mailing address, and phone number.
The cover letter should tell us about your career interests, work location preferences, and give the requisition number for the posting in which you are interested. Please allow 10 to 15 working days for processing.
For inquiries regarding disability accommodation in applying for a posted job, please contact E-Recruiting@cmsenergy.com. Applicants may also contact Talent Acquisition and Diversity regarding disability accomodation by calling (517) 788-0895.
Talent Acquisition & Diversity — EP1-202
One Energy Plaza
Jackson, MI 49201
Fax Number (517) 768-3366
If you encounter problems or have questions, please e-mail us.
What to Expect after Applying
- After submitting your resume and applying for a posted position, please check your e-mail or mailing address during this time as we may be unable to open your resume or have additional questions
- After reviewing your information, the hiring manager will determine whether he or she would like to invite you in for an interview
- If you are not selected for this position, and you provided an e-mail address, you will be notified via e-mail. This e-mail most likely will come from a sender named E-Recruiting
- If we invite you to an interview, you will receive a phone call, followed up by an e-mail confirming the interview date and time
- If you provided an e-mail address, the confirmation will be sent via e-mail with specifics on the location of interview or other details
- After your interview, please expect one to two weeks for a hiring decision to be made
- If you are selected, you will be called at the phone number you provided and offered a position
- If there are candidates that better fit our needs, you will be notified
Federal law and many state laws require employers to make accommodations to disabled applicants and employees where the accommodation does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. For those applicants seeking a position within the State of Michigan, a disabled individual needing accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known or should have been known. Michigan law provides that failure of a Michigan employee to properly notify the employer will preclude any claim that the employer failed to accommodate the disabled individual. However, this does not waive an individual’s right under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, which sets no time limit for requesting an accommodation nor does it require such accommodation to be in writing.